How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Minneapolis
Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of additions all built to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools help you to get the most from security cameras in Minneapolis.
How To Set Up Your Minneapolis Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your security cameras at the optimal spots around your home is the right place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a great notion to have a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to enter through to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear scene of your front door, drive, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your home that aren’t quite as important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room can hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Component layout is only the first step in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Minneapolis. The innovations described below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your mobile device anytime strange movement is detected. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone through the camera. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce footage of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to protect single areas within your living space.. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant texts when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Minneapolis is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (612) 314-0605 or complete the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.